Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Temple Tour

An ordinary's people lifetime may not be sufficient to unravel the contours of my Motherland. This time I have chosen the places Tanjore (now Thanjavur), Kumbhakonam, Tiruchirapally, Sri Rangam and Chidambaram.

This strech of trip I planned long time back but looks like getting materialised now.Good thing take its own good time to happen. And look at the way!!! It looks like that my fascination for Indian Trains is not going to end in this lifetime. What a great connectivity and schedule it provides to plan this temple tour.

I am excited to see the magnificent centre of craftmanship and the most famous Brahadeeswara temple, one of the greatest examples of Dravidian architecture dated back to Chola kingdom.

I am just waiting for the joy my soul will derive when I visit Kumbhakonam, Being a land of temples on the shores of River Kauvery, and will get an opportunity to thank the almighty by paying my tributes in Sharangapani Temple.

Tiruchirapally (Trichy), a city of rock fort, is another ancient city famous for its beauty of architectural monuments and culture and a must visit place for me.

Srirangam is situated in an Island surrounded by the revered river Cauvery and has one of the most important shrines of Bhagwan Vishnu. The shrine has glorious spiritual and cultural heritage.

Chidambaram is the highlight of the temple circuit because of its famous shrine to the Dancing Destroyer, The Nataraj Temple.

This temple tour is planned from october 31st to Novemnber 4th. I will be accompanied by my Sister,Wife and Daughters. My friend Alok and his family will also accompany me on this tour to make the trip more joyous.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice planning!!!! hope it will be finalised.
ur profile is also mind blowing..and mere sar ke upar seja raha hai..hi funda..
anyway nice to c u
bye
anandmayi

Kunal Kashyap said...

Abhi se tirthyatra. Always ahead of others.